Why is Society so important?Why do we care a lot about society? Why we do all the things considering society in mind? What about society irritates us? Why we are judged for every single step we take? Why it is so important? These questions often come in our mind when we are judged by the society. We begin to curse society due to its negative impacts in our lives. Of course, we are the ones who create society and we are crucial members of it as well. Global societies are generally incorporated with different cultures and religions, and it is a fact that a community would look awful with the same type of people; we are not robots. The basic nature of the term "society" is democratic, then why we force cultural expectations in it? I am including relatives also in society, because apart from our neighbors, colleagues, and other people who comes into the circle of social interaction, relatives are also part of it; they are also living under the same socially accepted norms. The term "society" has many different branches like cultural society, civic society, corporate society, and more. However, instead of separating them, I am combining them into one as it will be easier for me to explain the importance, as well as the pros and cons of society.
|Why Society is So Important|
The Importance of Societies (Short explanation of why society is important)
Because society gives us a system as well as a platform to work together for the betterment of our lives as well as the world. We can take collective efforts to improve our social and living conditions.
Society is Beneficial for Us
There are many pros and cons of society, but I think there are more advantages than disadvantages. We can improve our society as well as the social norms, but if we prefer social isolation due to its disadvantages, then it might impact morality and might lead to illness as well. The negative effects of society arise when we forget about the importance and the role of our society. Also, the negative effects increase when we forget the basic definition of society. Many of us remain under pressure of society because we think that society is all about showing off and hiding who we actually are; which is not true. Let's talk about some positive points of society first.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Society
Positives of society
- Culture Formation: Without society, there is no culture. The key element of society is culture, as it defines the pattern of our lifestyle and different activities. We share a common culture and that is why we are in the same society. Therefore, society allows the formation of culture, which is extremely necessary for us.
- Celebrations: "It's my birthday" let's invite everyone and have a blast. We invite the members of our society to join in our celebrations as well as in our good times. Because of society we are able to celebrate certain things.
- We are never alone: Society allows us to meet different people, which would be impossible if we all were isolated from the society. We can call for help and some of the neighbors, colleagues, or relatives will be there.
- Community service: Society allows us to serve the community in which we are living. We can help each other and build a stronger bond. Therefore, society is important for the betterment of the people living in it.
- Social Equality: All members of a society are equal; equal access to resources, equal treatment, equal laws, and more. If we try to isolate, we won't be treated equal, and maybe we won't get access to certain elements of society.
- Social behavior: Society teaches us social behavior and help us to understand how to behave and interact with others. This likewise helps us in learning good etiquette.
- Social Efforts: We often think that we are what we are due to our own efforts, but it is not true because we are able to do many tasks due to social efforts. For instance, we use electricity (or I would say we enjoy electricity) because previous members of society have invented the generation as well as the use of electricity. Because of their social efforts, we have vehicles, cars, computers, internet, and we even reached Mars due to the social efforts. I personally do not think that there is any bigger advantage of society than this one. We cannot advance with the help of individual efforts. Previous generation has created all these things, and we are now creating and inventing many other advancements for future generations. For example, we have found cures of many diseases, and these medical advancements will help future generations.
- We are human: Without society we are just homo
sapiens. Yes, we are just like animals without society. Therefore, society made
humans and it is definitely bigger than us individually. We became more
civilized due to society.
© Akhil Sharma | AnythingRelated.com | All Rights Reserved
There are many more advantages of society, but since I need to write about negatives too, I am not including more points. So let's talk about the disadvantages of society.
Disadvantages of Society
As mentioned in the first paragraph, we have many issues with society; social issues, which are also the major disadvantages of current day society.
- Discrimination: Discrimination is a social issue, and we all take part in it at certain levels. This major concern is eating our society out, and also restricting our growth. We usually discriminate when someone goes out of the social norms, which we need to stop. If someone is not harming you or the society, then let him/her do what they like to do. Do not force everyone to abide the social norms.
- Jealousy: We get jealous when we see someone with more wealth; it is true! We never accept it but it is a straight truth. This happens when we forget about the basic role of society.
- Following the same pattern: Society behaves weird when you don't follow the same pattern. For instance, if you are earning from home, people might think that you are jobless. Or, they would think that you are not hard-working. This notion is due to the pattern we follow in society. The term "society" incorporates social norms; however, it doesn't state that everyone has to follow the same pattern. We have modified the meaning of society and now it became a disadvantage, because many of us have to do what we do not like or want to do. As I said before, the basic nature of society is "democratic", so let it be like that.
- Societal norms: Societal norms are beneficial; however, they likewise influence our thinking in a bad way. Due to societal norms, we compare ourselves with others. Whatever we do, we have to consider society in mind. From clothes to home decor, to the way of living, we consider society in mind which is sometimes irking, and it looks like we are not living according to our own preferences or choices.
We should be concerned about each other, and it is also a crucial part of society; however, we should not forget the basic purpose of society. The motivation behind society, as well as the basic goal of society is to be a part of collective movement; progress and advance, together. The essence of society is its members, and they need to take everyone along. Progress and improvement are our common goal. We should focus on eradicating social problems.
Social inequality, discrimination, racism, poverty, overpopulation, economic differences, jealousy, and patterned social norms are some of the main issues of society today. We need to address social issues and work together to make a beautiful world around us.